Sunday, April 2, 2017

Working Hard

This weekend was very productive. Like I mentioned before, I finished taking all the images for my magazine, and I was able to set up the layout for the two-page spread and table of contents. I also began editing the cover image. However, I did encounter a few problems. After I edited it, I wanted to crop out the image without the white background, but I realized that I had no idea how to do it. My friend had showed me this app called PicsArt, but I felt it would take too long to download the images to my phone, crop the image on the app, and then send it back to my computer. Hence, I found a better approach. My brother had been apart of newspaper at school, so he figured out a way to crop an image on LunaPic. I was playing around with the tools and I was able to crop out an image I choose randomly. I placed it onto the magazine and I was surprised of how much I liked it. Thus, yesterday I was focusing on creating the cover image and cover lines for the magazine. I worked with the different fonts and colors in order to make it attractive to my target audience. Nevertheless, I can honestly say I really enjoy working on the magazine. It is time consuming, but, I’m having fun designing, taking photographs, and interviewing the girls. Next week, I’m planning to work on my magazine everyday in order to have enough time next weekend to complete my CCR. I’m so excited for you guys to see the final product. See you later!

PS: Regarding my title, I have come up with a few options, but I'm not so sure of them. I'm considering, Valor which stands for strength and bravery. However, I realized that the title has been used for other magazines in the past. Another idea I was brainstorming, was using numbers as the title. For example, Five magazine. I'm definitely closer to figuring it out, but I do not want to rush it because I believe a title should mean something towards the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment